When I began this adventure of blogging back in 2009, I had no idea where I wanted to go with it. I knew it would be fun, but I didn’t realize I could change people’s lives through my writing.
Last year, someone came up to me and told me they found something I had written. Now, this wasn’t something on my blog, but something I had given them in one of the bible studies I had led. Tears in her eyes, she said, “Jason, you have no idea what you wrote meant to me. I was having a rough day, and your words were just what I needed.”
She didn’t elaborate on what she was going through, but I knew something I wrote changed her life.
You’re probably noticing by now that this is not a typical blog post for me. In fact, I’ve been thinking a lot about this blog and where it’s headed and where it’s been in the past two years. Over the course of the past few weeks, I’ve been in a lot of thought regarding http://jbsisam.com. My desire is to is to help writers and leaders find their voice so they can succeed in their family, ministry, and life.
This is why I write. This is why I podcast. And this is why I’m writing this blog post. There are some things that I’ve changed last year and what I’m thinking about for this coming year. Why? Because change is healthy. I’ll explain in a moment.
There have been big to this blog changes in 2016 already to jbsisam.com.
- I added a new domain name – that’s right, you can now access the website by jasonsisam.com. I learned some people were having difficulties remembering jbsisam.com – so, I knew that http://jasonsisam.com was just the ticket needed.
- New website! It was a difficult decision to change websites and website providers. However, I knew that if growth kept happening, I would outgrow WordPress.COM. So, a change to a self-hosted website and a brand new look. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the new website.
- Podcast name change. When I began the audio podcast, CrossTALK Podcast it was exciting. But as time moved on and the new year arrived, I knew I needed something that was branded to me. So, the change from CrossTALK to The J. B. Sisam Show was warranted.
- Moved from WordPress hosted to self-hosted. This was the biggest change. I mentioned above that I was finding WordPress.COM hindered what I wanted to do on this site. For one, I couldn’t do anything to monetize the site. Second, I knew that if I did, they would potentially shut me down. Also, self-hosting allows me to control every aspect of the user experience and make it incredibly easy to navigate and sign up for the email newsletter.
When I began this journey, I knew lives would be impacted and changed. My desire is to see people find their voice. I want to give you tools so you can begin your journey and take your life to the next level.
So why change?
1. Change produces change. When we take the time to change we enact within ourselves a desire to see a better outcome. That outcome brings the change we saw. But that change won’t come unless we decide to change.
2. Change keeps life moving forward. If we stay where we are, we’re not moving. The plan we’ve mapped out will not come to fruition unless we move forward with those plans.
3. Change brings focus. If we aim at nothing, we’ll hit it every time. In order for change to happen, we have to remain focused on the desired outcome.
I mentioned above that I am bringing more change. Here’s what I’m doing. And let me being by saying this is an experiment. I would love your input – just email me back HERE!
So what’s changing?
- Weekly Blog Post: Each Monday, my goal is to produce and release a brand new blog post. Currently, I write in four main categories. Writing, Productivity, Personal Development, Social Media, and Leadership. These weekly blog posts are designed to give you practical tools and encouragement to help you find your voice and succeed in life. I’m excited to continue each Monday with a new post.
- Weekly Podcast: For the past two years, I’ve had the weekly The J. B. Sisam Show post to the website each Wednesday morning at 5 am. Because I believe in this weekly audio podcast as well as nearly 3,000 other people, I will continue to produce this weekly podcast. This way, more people will find the show. My encouragement, if you’ve listened to the show, I ask you to share with your friends and help me grow the listening audience and don’t forget to subscribe to the show.
- NEW Weekly quote/book mini-post: Each Friday, I’m going to have a unique mini-post. This may be a shareable quote card. A short review of a book I find resourceful. Maybe a podcast from another entrepreneur. I hope you’ll find this fun and refreshing.
- NEW Weekly email: I believe in this community and I want to give you the best. Because you’ve signed up for this email newsletter, I want to give you the very best. Not only do you already receive the weekly podcast and blog post in your inbox, I want to give you a personal weekly email each Friday. This weekly email will be only for those who’ve subscribed to this newsletter. You can subscribe in the sidebar of the website. Each week, you’ll get teaching, tools, tips/tricks and be the first to hear of anything new I’m working on. I really hope you will find these weekly emails valuable.
- NEW Personal email Newsletter: Here’s what I mean by that. For the past several years, anyone who’s signed up for my email newsletter has received the full draft blog post in their email inbox. The problem with that, email servers are getting smarter and are keeping those heavy image emails out of people’s inbox. So, this warrants a change. Every Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday, I will be sending you a personalized email, with no images and no fanfare. This will hopefully ensure everyone receives the email in their inbox. Also, this will help encourage website traffic. Each email will have links to that day’s blog post or podcast episode. These emails began today.
How can you support this blog?
- Tell me what you desire each week. I would love to hear your ideas, questions or thoughts. Feel free to email me on my contact page or simply clicking the green starburst on the website and leave me a voice message.
- Subscribe to The J. B. Sisam Show. There are two places you can subscribe – iTunes or Stitcher. Also, do me a favor and leave a rating on the iTunes app or stitcher app for the show.
- Buy my books. If you have enjoyed the content I produce each week, purchase a book for yourself or for someone else. Each dollar that comes in goes back into the making of The J. B. Sisam Show, other content and supports my family. If you would like to support the production of the J. B Sisam Show, you can become a co-producer at http://jbsisam.com/support and donate as little as $1 a week.
- Encourage a friend to sign-up for this newsletter. This is the biggest way you can give back. My desire is to help leaders stay motivated with clarity so they can find their voice and succeed at life. It begins by spreading the word of the value you find at jbsisam.com.
- Sign up for the email updates and newsletter: This is the biggest way you can support this blog. Each week you’ll get tips, tricks and weekly blog updates delivered right to your email inbox. I want you to succeed in life, this email is a great step in the right direction. You can sign up here
I’m excited about where this blog is heading. In the coming weeks, look for my yearly reader survey. This is the best way you’ll be able to give me personal feedback on how this blog is helping you in your writing, blogging and personal life. I know this was a long post, thank you for sticking with me. I’ll see you on Wednesday with a new Podcast episode.