If you want to be an author or do any serious writing, then you need a website. It’s the number one go to that editors, readers, authors visit to get a feel for how you write.
The problem, most authors websites are a dismal failure. They sink without a ripple. They don’t have a domain name. They don’t have a serious blog. And you can’t contact them or find out who they are.
In today’s episode, we’re talking about author websites. We’ll examine the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’ll give you my perfect recipe for a winning author site and how you can get your very own, today!
I’ve written about websites in the past. A website, even a bad one will put you light years ahead of anyone else. But a great website will help you rise to the top.
In today’s Episode:
- What a website will do for you.
- Gives you authority.
- Gives you a home on the world wide web.
- Allows you to display your work.
- Gives you a single place your readers can interact with you.
- What you should not do with your site.
- Make the website yourself.
- Have outdated material on your site.
- Have multiple menus within menus.
- Examples of horrible sites.
- What makes a good website?
- Easy to understand navigation.
- White space and a color theme.
- Easy layout. Looks good to the eye.
- The design is professional but doesn’t get in the way of the content.
- Examples of great web design.
- Should I hire someone to design my website?
- Why you should.
- Why you shouldn’t.
Resources mentioned in Today’s show:
- Suzanne Collins Website
- Jerry Jenkins
- James Patterson
- Bluehost hosting $3.49/mo
- Living Lights Media for web design.
- Creating a better About Page.
Do me this favor:
I believe this show will change your life. How do I know this? I’ve had people tell me to keep producing it and how much they learn each episode. I’m asking my audience to share their favorite episode with someone. You can also use the social media links below to share. Help me grow this show and its audience. My goal is to help people fulfill their dream of writing their book or starting their blog. I want to be your personal writing coach. Also, subscribe to the show using your favorite app. You can use the subscribe buttons below.