One question I see more often than not, how do I increase my blog traffic? This one question can either cause great amounts of stress represent a challenge worthy of acceptance
In today’s episode, we’re going to be talking about the power of using social media to build our blog traffic. Whether you’re running a personal blog, church, or local business there’s something we can all do to take our blog to the next level and gain some more traffic, and in today’s episode, I’m going to show you how.
Listen to the Audio:
In today’s episode:
1. Why you should blog for others and let them blog for you. [08:13]
Blogging is more than about you, it’s about community. When we blog for others we do two things; we increase our influence to a new audience and we invite our audience to experience new bloggers.
Now, that doesn’t mean you should allow anyone to write for your blog. My suggestion, have a writer’s guideline page. This page allows you to be specific on the type of posts you expect from other writers. Use mine as an example to follow.
2. Booklookblogger.com [20:25]
One thing I just recently signed up for is Book Look Blogger. This site allows you to download or have shipped free books to review. The publisher agrees to give you free books to read for your review and critique on your blog.
This is a great way to engage with a new audience. The more reviews you write, the more exposure you have to new readers.
- Let the author know you’ve written a review. They may just let their audience know.
- Let the other readers on Book Look Blogger know you’ve written a review.
- Write a review pointing back to your website on Amazon.com
- Use your Amazon affiliate to generate revenue for your blog.
3. What’s new with Facebook. [24:33]
Facebook is one of the greatest avenues we can use to garner new readers to our blogs. Here are some things you can utilize on Facebook to grow your traffic.
- Facebook Stories – this new feature allows you to connect with you audience in a face-to-face way.
- Facebook groups – these are powerful resources to find new readers. make sure you add lots of value and don’t spam your content. Follow the rules, add value and when asked for, add a link to your site.
- Facebook Ads – If you have the money to spare, utilize the ads to help drive traffic to your site. Make sure you have something to offer and make it reasonable for your potential clients/readers.
Resources in today’s episode:
- Writer’s Guidelines – feel free to submit something if you feel your post would fit my website. I’m now accepting all queries.
Let’s talk about it:
Question: What do you do to drive traffic to your website? Any other ideas I missed in today’s episode? Leave a comment by clicking here!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Thank you for listening to today’s show. If you enjoyed today’s show, tell somebody and share this show with them.If you find value in what I write each week, encourage someone to sign-up at here. I would greatly appreciate the help.
My goal each week is to bring a message of clarity by giving you the tools you need so you can transform lives and reach the world with the message on your heart.