I know people who desire to write that perfect book. The best thing about having written a book is you get to brag about it. You are an expert on the topic. As writers, we can help more people draw near to the heart of God through our writing.
Writing a book can be difficult, but with the right motivation, you can have your book written in a matter of days. In today’s episode, we’re talking about writing your first draft using a fast-track method.
Listen to the episode:
In Today’s Episode:
- Why we should be writing.
- Our goal is to change lives.
- Our goal is to see our lives bettered.
- Our goal should be to help increase someone’s knowledge on a topic of interest – even if it’s a novel.
- How to pitch an article to an editor.
- Stories connect to a reader’s heart.
- But how do we pitch them to an editor?
- Mistake most make – writers tell the editor what the story is about.
- What we should do – Tell the editor what the story says.
- 6 steps to publishing your book.
- Write your outline.
- Record your audio.
- Get your recording transcribed.
- Edit your new book.
- Get a copy editor.
- Hire a designer.
- BONUS: If you’re not a preacher or podcaster, record your own audio using your phone.
Resources in today’s episode:
Join the Conversation:
Question: What do you think of writing a book using this method? Any other thoughts/recommendations? Leave a comment by clicking here!
COULD YOU DO ME THIS ONE FAVOR?
Tell someone about this blog. Pass it along. If you find value in what I write each week, encourage someone to sign-up at here. I would greatly appreciate the help.
My desire is to help leaders and writers stay motivated with clarity so they can find their voice and succeed in their family, ministry/business and life. Thank you for your support.