Most people think about writing a book. Few ever accomplish it. But if you’ve never written a book, I encourage you to get yours written today.
For years I wanted to write a book and become a famous author. While I may not be famous, I have written two books; Divine Providence, Grace and a short ebook. These books have opened doors for me that I never thought possible.
As a writer, my goal is to entertain, educate and inspire readers. My goal is to inspire you to write your book this year. It’s not as hard as you might imagine, and it opens up a wide range of possibilities. I’m glad I wrote my books, and I know you can do it too.
Here’s 7 reasons why you should write your book this year.
1. You’re a writer, so write. If you’re like me, you’re a writer. My goal is to write worthwhile content that inspires and educates. This plays into the mission to help people find their voice and succeed in life.
Everyone can be a writer. God has placed a story inside you, it’s time to get it out onto paper. A book doesn’t have to be long, it just has to be relevant and life-changing. If you want to become an author, you take your writing and publish it. It’s that simple.
2. You have always wanted to write a book. I mentioned above that God has placed a story inside you; but it’s up to you to write it down. Most people desire to write a book, but few ever do. Why? They don’t sit down and begin writing. So, if you have always wanted to write your book, sit down and write. It’s how I wrote my first book.
3. Gives you the ability to share your knowledge. You may not know this, you are an expert. Because writing is introspective, you can put your deepest thoughts down onto paper. In other words, you’ll gain a whole new understanding of who you are. This gives you the ability to share your knowledge with the world. Your knowledge can change the course of someone’s life, because they look to you as the expert. You have this amazing ability to make the world a better place.
4. It establishes your authority instantly. Like being an expert, a book gives you instant credibility and authority on a topic. Why? You researched it, wrote it and published it. A lot of people strive for years to gain that authority, but a book can give that to you. People will pay you for that expertise. Nothing comes close to giving you more credibility than having your name on a book.
5. You can use it as a catalyst to start your blog. If you’ve been debating on whether you should start your blog, writing a book will give you the excuse to start one. It’s one of the reasons I started this blog. I wanted to let people know about my book. This gives you the leverage to tell people why they should buy your book and gives them a central place to learn all about the author. You can get started right here.
6. Amazon can do the heavy lifting for you. If you’re into the idea of self-publishing–which I’m a proponent–Amazon.com is the king. They have two services you can use; CreateSpace, which is Amazon’s self-publishing printer or Kindle Direct Publishing.
Amazon makes it easy to publish your book. I have used both services, Amazon offers to publish my books. And because they’re the number one book retailer of books, it’s a win-win to use their services.
7. It’s easier and cheaper than ever to publish. Whether you publish through Amazon, like I did, or you use a self-publishing company like Xulon Press, it’s easier than ever to get your message to the world. Who knows, you may have the ability to launch your own internet based business because of your book.
The world is your oyster, and this year is the year to begin writing your book. I know writing a book isn’t easy, but it’s possible with dedication and diligence. I’ll be here to guide your hand every step of the way. I write often about writing and publishing.
You can do it. I know, because I did. No one lives forever, but a book gives you that chance. Once your book is written, you can go to bed knowing that you’ve accomplished something few will ever do.
Question: What’s keeping you from writing your book? How can I help? Leave a comment by clicking here!