Books are powerful. They have the ability to change lives and allow us to see ourselves through a different lens. As writers we have to learn to become stronger at what we’re not good at. It’s all about learning and growing to become a better writer. Some of the best fiction is about a character who changes. Shouldn’t we be pushing our main characters forward to a life changing moment?
In today’s episode we’re going to talk about writing fiction. I want to walk you through 6 things every writer must know when writing their novel.
Listen to the Audio:
In Today’s Episode:
- Are you a plot first novelist?
- Are you a Character first novelist?
- Learn to create problems.
- Our job is to get them to the moment of truth. this is the reason we wrote the story in the first place.
- At the end of the journey it’s going to be decided whether good or bad.
- Our goal is to see our reader’s lives transformed through our words and message.
Resources in today’s episode:
Will you help this show reach more people?
If you could do me one favor, head over to subscribe in iTunes and/or rate this show in the iTunes app. It will help us rank higher and help others learn more about this show. I greatly appreciate it!
I am looking for individuals who would like to become a co-producer of The J. B. Sisam Show. If you find value, hope and encouragement in this show you can now donate a small $1 reoccurring tip per episode. If you show your support I’ll mention you on this show as a thank you. And, for every person who donates you’ll also get a free ebook as my way of saying thank you.