Life is full of regrets, lost plans and you feel as if you’ve drifted out to sea. What if that could change? What if there was a way you could gain control of your life back? You can and I’ll show you how in today’s episode of The J. B. Sisam Show. I have some exciting news to share with you. And did you know you can prosper as a leader. You can and I’ll show you how.
Today’s CrossTALK is taken from John Maxwell’s Daily Devotional *Leadership: Promises for Every Day.
- Know your purpose.
- Discover your strengths and weaknesses
- Prioritize your responsibilities
- Learn to say no.
- Commit to long-term responsibilities.
1. Get clear on your priorities. We all have a list a mile high. But if we don’t have focus on what matters most in our lives, we’ll find ourselves lost wondering how it even happened. We must get clear on our priorities. If we don’t, we’ll fail at every area of our lives. This is why we must get the Vertical relationship set. This is the single most important aspect of leaving a godly legacy for people to follow. God must become central in our lives.
Take care of yourself. If we don’t take the time to care for our body, soul and spirit, we’ll become worn-out and tired. How?
- Read Daily.
- Eat healthy.
- Get adequate amounts of sleep.
And at the end of the day, don’t forget to invest into your family. Your wife and children are precious. They need and desire our love, affection and attention. Pay attention to their needs and you’ll find you will have a happy and healthy life.
2. Create balance in your life. If you’re like me, you’re driven to succeed in every area of your life. There’s nothing wrong with that. But we must be intentional about balance. In-fact that’s what life really is. I liken it to a circus. We teeter on the edge of falling off a cliff, but we feel we have to keep all the plates spinning at once, when maybe we should learn to set one or more down and focus on that edge.
Don’t worry about everything you have to get done. Focus on the most important tasks. Get that done, then you can focus on the small and insignificant tasks. But create balance. You need it and your family will thank you for it.
3. Understand your reality. We like to think we’re living in reality. But there comes a time when we must face the music. We are fallible. We will have success and we will have failures. And that’s okay. Don’t get so caught up in the future planning of your life that you forget about the here and the now.
4. Envision your Future. Now that you have your priorities set, your balance created and you know where you’re starting from, it’s time to think forward. Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy wrote a new book called Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want.. In this book they walk you through what it takes to create a life plan. They answer the question; “How do I get clear on what God has set for my life?”
We must think about where we’re headed. Because if we don’t we’ll miss it every time.
5. Stop living with past regrets. One of the biggest things that trip most up is past regrets. Man, I wish I would have… Have you had that thought? This will hang you out to dry. You will stall in your tracks. It’s okay to move on. It’s okay to say, I did my best, and now I press onward to something new. But don’t let past mistakes or regrets keep you from moving an living forward.
We are called to leave a godly legacy behind us when we die. If you want to do that, purchase this book. It will take you life to the next level. I’ve been listening to the audio book, and it is awesome. You won’t regret this decision.
Question: Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? How do you want to be remembered when you die? Leave a comment by clicking here!
Would you do me a favor?
Head over to subscribe in iTunes and rate this show in the iTunes app. It will help us rank higher and help others learn more about this show. Thank you!
Podcasting is not free. In-fact with web hosting fees and audio hosting fees it cost around $20/month to do this show. I’m wondering if you would take a moment and donate $1 per episode. That’s $4 a month. You can support the production of this show and become a co-producer. If you donate $1 an episode, I’ll mention you on this show. And thank you for your support.