Remember Reading Rainbow? “Take a look, it’s in a book, it’s reading rainbow…” Successful leaders are readers. And if you want to take your business and life to the next level, reading is something that will catapult you into success.
In today’s episode, I want to walk you through 5 ways you can become a lifelong reader and why it will bring you success as a leader. And did you know you should be reading the Bible daily? You should and I’ll tell you why. All of this and more in this week’s episode of The J. B. Sisam Show.
3 Reasons why we should read the Bible daily.
- It gives life. – Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life.
- It gives instruction. – For all scripture is given by God for reproof, correction and training in righteousness.
- It gives inspiration. –
Tip of the Week:
- Kindle App.
- Audible App.
- Amazon Prime.
5 Reasons Leaders Must Read Daily
1. Reading must be daily. Only the most successful leaders read. But they don’t just read, they read daily. It doesn’t have to be a book, though books are best, however reading something daily increases your mental capability. It will broaden your horizon and give you power to accomplish your dreams.
2. Reading brings relaxation. We live in a McDonald’s world. We want everything fast, and now. Yet there’s something missing–Rest. The more we read the more our minds relax from the pressures of life. When our minds are clear, we can better focus on our daily tasks.
3. Readers are Communicators. Reading allows us to expand our vocabulary so that thoughts becomes deeper and wider. We want our words to be persuasive and help people stay motivated. We cannot communicate our vision if we don’t know where we’re going. When we read, we’re given vocabulary that will inspire others into action.
4. Reading keeps a mind young. I once read that watching television causes our minds to go dark. When hooked up to a computer to monitor brain activity, watching television, the brain is on autopilot. In other words, zero activity. Reading on the other hand, causes the brain’s synapses to fire. When we read we actually cause our minds to stay young. For every minute we watch television our knowledge decreases over time. Reading produces the ability to lessen or even prevent possible dementia in later years of life.
5. Keep your reading fresh. I read a lot. The problem I fall into is, I read a lot of the same material over and over again. We should expand our horizons. Don’t stick to just one genre. If you like fiction, try a non-fiction biography, better yet, read a financial book. If you’re into entrepreneurial books, read something about cooking. Variety is the spice of life. Change it up and you’ll expand your reach and knowledge.
Would you do me a favor?
Head over to subscribe in iTunes and rate this show in the iTunes app. It will help us rank higher and help others learn more about this show. Thank you!
Podcasting is not free. In-fact with web hosting fees and audio hosting fees it cost around $20/month to do this show. I’m wondering if you would take a moment and donate $1 per episode. That’s $4 a month. You can support the production of this show and become a co-producer. If you donate $1 an episode, I’ll mention you on this show. And thank you for your support.
We are on Stitcher!
Question: What do you enjoy reading? What one thing have you learned from a book recently? Leave a comment by clicking here!