We find it difficult to be authentic at times. When someone asks us how we’re doing, we hid the truth. Maybe we’re trying to protect them, but are we really? In this episode, we discuss who to minister to people of different mindsets and how our authenticity makes that possible.
As leaders, we have decisions to make. It doesn’t matter who comes into our auditoriums. We have the responsibility to be a transparent leader, a leader who is authentic and one who people can connect on a personal level. The best leaders are known for their vast libraries and what they consume in content. What are you consuming? How do you value your time and are you continuing to grow as a leader by what you watch and what you read?
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- What it means to be authentic.
- That leadership is about learning and growing. We can’t grow unless we take the time to eat the right content.
- What is it you’re listening to, reading or watching on a daily basis?
Resources in this Episode:
TED Talks. Great place to get the leadership training you need. I listened to David Logan. Dave Logan is co-founder and senior partner of CultureSync, a management consulting firm specializing in cultural change, strategy, and negotiation. CultureSync’s clients include Intel, Colliers International, American Express, Prudential, and Health Net.
He gave this talk https://www.ted.com/talks/david_logan_on_tribal_leadership/
He listed 5 areas of life most people fit into.
- Life Sucks – The outcasts and will protect themselves to any extent.
- My Life Sucks – The outcast who doesn’t fit in, but wants to.
- I’m Great – Everything in my life is great and I want everyone to know it, or keep it to myself, but I hold my head high.
- We’re Great – This is what a good team looks like. And out goal as leaders is to being people into this mindset. Where, together, we’re making a difference.
- Life is Great. – This is where we ultimately want people to be in their walk with Christ.
Don’t forget to check out my other podcast – A Devoted Life
And don’t forget to rate this show on iTunes
Don’t forget to sign up for email updates plus you’ll receive my free ebook, Start Your Engines: 3 Strategies to Running an Effective Small Group Now!
Let’s talk about it?